Spooky-Ree is a fall themed weekend filled with a fall festival, creepy-crawly nature show, pumpkin decorating, archery, BBs, s'mores and a campfire. The highlight of the weekend is the Trick-or-Treating Trail for all Scouts and an extra spooky haunted trail for the older Scouts and adults.
Bring out the whole family: Cub Scouts, big brothers and sisters, little brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Everyone is welcome to come out to camp and enjoy the beautiful fall weather at Bert Adams Scout Camp! Siblings of Cub Scouts can participate in almost all of the activities. Shooting Sports is only available for Cub Scouts and Cub Scout age siblings, First Grade and up.
Your family can cook your own meals in your campsite or eat in our air-conditioned dining hall. You can also rent a camp tent, complete with your own built-in bed and power outlets! Flushing toilets and private showers are featured throughout the camp.
Scouts, parents, and siblings are encouraged to wear appropriate costumes to the Saturday night campfire. There will be a costume parade. Please support our Trick-or-Treating Trail by hosting a booth or just donating peanut-free candy.
It takes a team of volunteers and staff to make Spooky-Ree a spooktacular weekend for our Scouts.
Registration for 2020 coming soon!
All activities are first come, first served. No specific activity tickets or individual start times will be given. To support the excitement around Archery and BB shooting there will be between 48-64 lanes of shooting offered continuously throughout each Saturday! To support our Rangemasters, the ranges will close off the line at 11:45am for lunch and 5:00pm for the day.
- Fall Festival- Featuring inflatables, games and face painting!
- BB Shooting- Take aim at our shooting range.
- Bows & Arrows- Can you hit the bull's eye?
- Slingshots- Grab a "wrist rocket" and see if you can hit the target!
- Pumpkins- Every Scout and sibling gets a pumpkin! 2nd graders and youngers decorate their pumpkins and 3rd graders and older can carve with adult supervision.
- Creepy Crawly Nature Show- Learn about the things that go bump in the night (aka. spiders, snakes).
- Guided Nature Hike- Camp staff will guide you on a trail to see wildlife, plant life, and explore our ecosystem.
- Scavenger Hunt- Explore our camp and see how many items you can find.
- Council Fire- Make s'mores and learn about Cub Scout summer camps!
- Campfire- Experience a real Scout campfire program in the huge amphitheatre.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail- Put on your costume and Trick-or-Treat on our slightly spooky trail.
- Haunted Trail- A slightly spook trail for Scouts and sibling 3rd grade and younger.
- Super Haunted Trail- The most haunted trail that is complete with a ghost pirate ship, cemetery, and zombies! Recommended for Scouts and siblings 3rd grade and older.
- Cub Mobile Racing - Sponsored by NAPA AutoCare Atlanta. Feel the thrill and excitement of racing our Cub Mobiles!
Activities are subject to change.
- $25.00 per Cub Scout
- $25.00 per Sibling or Den Chief (5 or older)
- $3.00 per Adults
*Early registrants(through August 1) receive a $2 per Scout and Sibling/Den Chief. Two weeks prior to the weekend Scout and Sibling/Den Chief will increase by $5 and Adult will increase by $2.
Don't forget to purchase your official Spooky-Ree t-shirt! Meals and t-shirts will be available for purchase in the online system. Please be sure to get your order in early to insure we ahve your shirt size. Meal orders must be in at least a week in advance.
Dining Hall Meals:
Meals must be purchased in advance a week and a day prior to the weekend. Our healthy, delicious meals have plenty of vegetarian options. We meet typical dietary needs but cannot create individual meals for our guests with special requests. If you have more specific needs please contact Veronica Bramlett.
- Full Weekend meals package (Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast) $25 per person.
- Saturday Only meals package (Breakfast through dinner) $15 per person.
- Friday Supper or Saturday Lunch $5.50 each meal, per person.
- Breakfast Saturday or Sunday $5.25 each meal, per person.
- Saturday Dinner $6.50 per person.
- Friday Dinner – Choice of hamburger or hot dog with chips, cookie, and water
- Saturday Breakfast – French Toast, sausage links, biscuit, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange juice, hot chocolate, and milk
- Saturday Lunch – Chicken tenders, French fries, carrots, fruit, pickle spears, deluxe salad bar, cookie, coffee, tea, and water
- Saturday Dinner – Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, deluxe salad bar, ice cream, coffee, iced tea, water
- Sunday Breakfast – Scrambled eggs, biscuit, sausage links, fresh fruit, grits, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea, orange juice, hot chocolate, and mile