Spooky-ree is a fall themed weekend filled with a fall festival, creepy-crawly nature show, pumpkin decorating, archery, BBs, s'mores, and a campfire. The highlight of the weekend is the Trick-or-Treating Trail for all Scouts and an extra spooky haunted trail for the older Scouts and adults.
Bring out the whole family: Cub Scouts, big brothers and sisters, little brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Everyone is welcome to come out to camp and enjoy the beautiful fall weather at Bert Adams! Siblings of Cub Scouts can participate in almost all of the activities. Shooting Sports is only available for Cub Scouts and Cub Scout age siblings, First Grade and up.
Your family can cook your own meals in your campsite or eat in our air-conditioned dining hall. You can also rent a camp tent, complete with your own built-in bed and power outlets! Flushing toilets and private showers are featured throughout the camp.
Scouts, parents, and siblings are encouraged to wear appropriate costumes to the Saturday night campfire. There will be a costume parade. Please support our Trick-or Treating Trail by hosting a booth or just donating peanut-free candy.
All activities are first come, first served. No specific activity tickets or individual start times will be given. To support the excitement around Archery and BB shooting there will be between 48-64 lanes of shooting offered continuously throughout each Saturday! To support our Rangemasters, the ranges will close off the line at 11:45am for lunch and 5:00pm for the day.
- Fall Festival- Featuring inflatables, games and face painting!
- BB Shooting- Take aim at our shooting range.
- Bows & Arrows- Can you hit the bull's eye?
- Slingshots- Grab a "wrist rocket" and see if you can hit the target!
- Pumpkins- Every Scout and sibling gets a pumpkin! 2nd graders and youngers decorate their pumpkins and 3rd graders and older can carve with adult supervision.
- Letters to the Troops- Write a letter to a US service man or woman who is deployed so that they can receive it on Thanksgiving.
- Creepy Crawly Nature Show- Learn about the things that go bump in the night (aka. spiders, snakes).
- Guided Nature Hike- Camp staff will guide you on a trail to see wildlife, plant life, and explore our ecosystem.
- Field Sports- Learn the rules and play a sport!
- Scavenger Hunt- Explore our camp and see how many items you can find.
- Council Fire- Make s'mores and learn about Cub Scout summer camps!
- Campfire- Experience a real Scout campfire program in the huge amphitheatre.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail- Put on your costume and Trick-or-Treat on our slightly spooky trail.
- Haunted Trail- A slightly spook trail for Scouts and sibling 3rd grade and younger.
- Super Haunted Trail- The most haunted trail that is complete with a ghost pirate ship, cemetery, and zombies! Recommended for Scouts and siblings 3rd grade and older.
- Cub Mobile Racing - Sponsored by NAPA AutoCare Atlanta. Feel the thrill and excitement of racing our Cub Mobiles!
Activities are subject to change.
- $25.00 per Cub Scout
- $25.00 per Sibling or Den Chief (5 or older)
- $3.00 per Adults
Don't forget to purchase your official Spooky-Ree t-shirt! Available now for preorder, simply add on to your event registration and save. Don't wait, limited supplies will be available for purchase during the event.
Dining Hall Meals:
Meals must be purchased in advance in the online registration system only. Our healthy, delicious meals have plenty of vegetarian options. We meet typical dietary needs but cannot create individual meals for our guests with special requests. If you have more specific needs please contact Veronica Bramlett.
- Full Weekend meals package (Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast) $25 per person.
- Saturday Only meals package (Breakfast through dinner) $15 per person.
- Friday Supper or Saturday Lunch $5.50 each meal, per person.
- Breakfast Saturday or Sunday $5.25 each meal, per person.
- Saturday Dinner $6.50 per person.
Friday Dinner – Choice of pizza, hot dog, or hamburger with chips, cookie, and bug juice
Saturday Breakfast – Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuit, hash browns, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange juice, and milk
Saturday Lunch – Chicken tenders, French fries, corn, fruit, salad bar, cookie, coffee, tea, water
Saturday Dinner – Lasagna(meat and vegetable option), garlic bread, green beans, brownie, coffee, tea, water
Sunday Breakfast – Biscuits and gravy, sausage patty, fresh fruit, grits, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea, orange juice, milk, hot chocolate
Volunteer at Spooky-Ree
It takes a team of volunteers and staff to make Spooky-Ree a spectacular series of weekends for our Scouts. Volunteers will receive a special edition patch and volunteer hat.
Click here to register as a volunteer.
If you are reserving Adventure Camp Tents, please provide the name of one Adult or Scout per Tent.
Register now with a $100 deposit. Payment is due in full by September 1.
Registrations paid by August 31 receive a $2 per youth discount.
Beginning 7 full days prior to the event there is a late fee of $5 per youth and $2 per adult.
|Spookyree Promotional Flier||Download|